1. Double stop system
for long unsupported lengths
2. Optimised opening system for fast opening of the clamps either from the left or right
3. High retaining force of the clamps
4. Glide surfaces on the side for operation "on the side"
5. Tried-and tested firmly seating mounted bracket
6. Strain relief can be integrated in the mounting bracket
7. Series 2400 and 2450 can be folded open along the inner radius
8. Series 2450 half e-tube that can be folded open
in the inner radius on both sides
9. Closed e-tube Series 2480
can be folded open along the inner radius
10. Versatile modular interior separation
11. Easy assembly due to optimised pins
12. Also available as ESD version
13. Strain relief separator - Separator with integrated strain relief serration
Please note: This series is suitable for long travel only after consultation. We recommend an E-Chain® flip open at the outer radius for long travels. p. ex. Series 2500
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 25 mm (at 1.5 kg/m additional load), this should be observed for all types of applications.Please consult igus® if space is particurlarly restricted.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A= Moving end, B= Fixed endPitch: 46 mmlinks per m: 22travel: SChain length = S/2 + K
The unsupported length is dependent on the additional load X-axis: Unsupported length in m FLB/FLG Y-axis Additional load in kg/m Lower scale: Travel S in m FLB = unsupported with permitted sag FLG = unsupported with straight upper run Reference example A:
Additional load = 1,5 [kg/m]
Unsupported length FLB = 1,7 m
Travel = 3,3 m
starting at 10m up to max. 100mChain length = S/2+K2Long travels - gliding (up to max. 100m) In this case, the e-chain® upper runglides on the lower run in a guide trough. We recommend the project planning of such a system to be undertaken by our technicians. For travels between 4 and 10 m we recommend a larger unsupported E-Chain®.
A1 = Moving endA2 = Fixed end A3 = Guide trough with glide rail A4 = Guide trough without glide rail A5 = Overall guide trough length
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
Interior separation in 2 options
5 mounting bracket options
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Variant 1: Standard
Variant 1 - standardSeparators can be arranged at any position in the chain cross-section to divide the interior of the E-Tube. As standard, separators are mounted every 2nd chain link!
Slotted separator 14501
Vertical separation in e-tubes. It can be used additionally for simple vertical/horizontal divisions due to its notches.
Polymer - pivoting
Polymer - locking
Aluminum "SuperTrough", Basic Version
Aluminum "SuperTrough", Heavy Duty Version
Steel guide troughs
1. Trough side parts, aluminum, 2 m
2. Glide bar, plastic, 2 m
3. Glide strips*, lateral, 2 m
4. Bottom clamp, aluminum
5. C-profile, steel galvanized
6. Screw M6 x 16
7. Sliding nut M6
8. Interface connector "Basic", plastic
10. Silencer profile, rubber
*without glide strips on request
Aluminum "Super Trough"- the igus® standard
The Aluminum "SuperTrough" is a modular guide trough system for long travels (when E-Chains® glide on themselves, as per sketch). Aluminum "SuperTrough" is available in low cost "basic versions" and can be upgraded for heavy duty applications. This universal usage makes it the igus® recommended new standard trough system.
1. Connection element
2. Plastic glide bar
3. Bottom clamp
4. Glide strip
9. Heavy duty bracket
11. Screw M6 x 20
1. Aluminium profile
3. Heavy duty bracket
6. Silencer profile
1. Guide trough (blue)2. Gliding rail (black)3. Assembly kit (red)4. Individual fastening without C profile5. Length of rail profile
+ Simple assembly due to assembly kits+ 2 piece design - adjustable to chain width+ very rugged+ cost-effective+ wide selection
Guide trough without gliding rails Part No. 92.30, guide trough with gliding rails Part No. 92.31
Assembly sets as butt joint part no. 92.50. XX
Guide tray type 01
Data protection declaration