1. The world's largest plastic e-chain® to date (*as at April, 2009)
2. For big, heavy and stiff cables
3. Ideal for use in rough environments such as oil platforms, steelworks and heavy mechanical engineering plants
4. Maintenance-free - no grease or oil needed at the points of articulation during operation
5. Tongue and groove design ensures extreme rigidity and ability to withstand shear forces
6. Modular design, therefore easy to assemble and install
7. Highly resistant to wear and corrosion as well as to oil and seawater
8. Can be made shorter or longer as required
9. Made of plastic, therefore very quiet in use
10. Electrically insulating
11. Interior separation system can be supplied
12. Mounting brackets can be supplied
13. Straight running due to inner/outer link design
14. Stable opening crossbars made of special
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 60 mm (for 3 kg/m additional load) We request you to consult in case of especially restricted space ratios.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A = moving end, B = fixed endDivision: 470 mm per linkLinks per m: 2(940mm)Travel: SChain length = S/2 + K
The unsupported length is dependent on the additional load X-axis: Unsupported length in m FLB/FLG Y-axis Additional load in kg/m Lower scale: Travel S in m FLB = unsupported with permitted sag FLG = unsupported with straight upper run Reference example A:
Additional load = 400 [kg/m]
Unsupported length FLB = 3,9 m
Travel = 7,8 m
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
Biggest plastic E-Chain® in the world* (*as at 04/2009)
Steel mounting brackets
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Variant 1: Standard
As a standard feature, igus® separators are fitted every 2nd chain link!Please observe minimum clearance from the side links! e-chain®: 6 mm
Dividing separator 350.1
For vertical division with 450.X on 3 levels.
Horizontal crossbars 450.X
For horizontal division in conjunction with retaining clips
and dividing separators. Horizontal crossbars can be arranged in 3 levels in different widths.
Fastening with cylinder head screws M10 DIN912-8.8
Data protection declaration