1. Very good protection of cables and hoses, also from hot chips 2. Lid removable at the outer radius 3. Large pins, high stability 4. Smooth, chip-repellant exterior contour 5. Small pitch for quiet, smooth run 6. Closed all around 7.KMA mounting bracket with "all around" fastening possibility 8. Strain relief separator - Separator with integrated strain relief teeth for use on the first or last chain link
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 20 mm (at 0,5 kg/m additional load), this should be observed for all types of applications.Please consult igus® if space is particurlarly restricted.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=Moving end, B=Fixed endPitch: 30,3 mmLinks per m: 33Travel: STube length= S/2 + K
The unsupported length is dependent on the additional load X-axis: Unsupported length in m FLB/FLG Y-axis Additional load in kg/m Lower scale: Travel S in m FLB = unsupported with permitted sag FLG = unsupported with straight upper run
starting at 5,0m up to max. 50mChain length = S/2+K2Long travels - gliding (up to max. 50m) In this case, the e-chain® upper runglides on the lower run in a guide trough. We recommend the project planning of such a system to be undertaken by our technicians. For travels between 2,0 and 5,0 m we recommend a larger unsupported E-Chain®.
A1 = Moving endA2 = Fixed end A3 = Guide trough with glide rail A4 = Guide trough without glide rail A5 = Overall guide trough length
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
4 mounting bracket options
5 widths and 8 bending radii
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1: Separators
Variant 1 - Separators
Separators can be placed anywhere in the chain's cross-section in order to divide up
the interior of the e-chain® - As a standard feature, separators are always fitted every 2nd chain link!
Standard division with separator 482
Strain relief separator 482.ZR, can be integrated in the mounting bracket, can be placed in any position
KMA - pivoting
Steel - single-piece
Aluminum "SuperTrough", Basic Version
Aluminum "SuperTrough", Heavy Duty Version
1. Trough side parts, aluminum, 2 m
2. Glide bar, plastic, 2 m
3. Glide strips*, lateral, 2 m
4. Bottom clamp, aluminum
5. C-profile, steel galvanized
6. Screw M8 x 20
7. Sliding nut M8
8. Interface connector "Basic", plastic
10. Optional: Silencer profile, rubber
*without glide strips on request
Aluminum "Super Trough"- the igus® standard
The Aluminum "SuperTrough" is a modular guide trough system for long travels (when E-Chains® glide on themselves, as per sketch). Aluminum "SuperTrough" is available in low cost "basic versions" and can be upgraded for heavy duty applications. This universal usage makes it the igus® recommended new standard trough system.
1. Connection element
2. Plastic glide bar
3. Bottom clamp
4. Glide strip
7. Sliding nut M6
9. Heavy duty bracket
10. Silencer profile, rubber
11. Screw M6 x 20
1. Aluminium profile
3. Heavy duty bracket
6. Silencer profile
Data protection declaration