1. High stability when side-mounted due to undercut design
2. High torsional rigidity
3. Crossbars can be removed on both sides
4. closed and open types can be combined
5. Modular internal separation
6. Lid for e-tube can be opened
7. Side gliding surfaces for side-mounted operation
8. Wide plastic crossbars - cable-friendly
9. Universal KMA mounting brackets with fully enclosed option
10. Locking or pivoting mounting brackets available with integral strain relief
11. Alternative available with Reverse Bend Radius (RBR)!
Available inner widths Bi: 50 to 400 mmAvailable bend radii R: 63 to 300 mmPitch: 56 mm/link = 18 links / m
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 40 mm (with 2 kg/m fill weight), this should be taken into account for all application types.Please contact us if you have particularly narrow space conditions.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=Moving end, B=Fixed endPitch: 56 mm per linkLinks per m: 18 linksTravel: SChain length = S/2 + K
Unsupported length versus fill weightX axis: Unsupported length in m FLB/FLGY axis: Fill weight in kg/mLower scale: Travel S in mFLB = Unsupported with permissible sagFLG = Unsupported with straight upper run
from 10 m to max. 200 mChain length= S/2+K2Long travels - gliding (up to max. 200 m) Here, the e-chain® upper runs gliding on the lower run in a guide trough. We recommend letting our engineers support you when planning this type of system. In case of travel lengths between 4,0 and 10 m, we recommend a larger unsupported e-chain®.
A1 = Moving endA2 = Fixed end A3 = Guide trough with glide bar A4 = Guide trough with glide bar A5 = Total length of the guide trough
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
Extension links available
KMA mounting brackets available
Steel mounting brackets available
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 2: Shelves
When many cables with different
diameters are used
- e-chains® and e-tubes can be divided vertically and horizontally
32.1 Standard - for all uses
Separator, wide base for maximum holding strength and
stability in e-chains® and e-tubes.
32.2 Faster installation of cables
Separator for igus® snap-open crossbar 385.X. Q.
with wide base for secure seating, opposite side is narrow for easy cable installation.
Can also be used in e-tubes.
32.3 For many thin cables
Separator with narrow base for many thin cables
next to each other. Space-saving, secure state - for e-chains®
and e-tubes. Also available for QuickLock crossbars.
32.4 For side-mounted applications
Asymmetrical separator defines the amount of clearance and
spacers are therefore not required. For e-chains® and e-tubes.
32.5 - Locks in securely in 5 mm increments
Notch separator for locking crossbar with scaling. Can be positioned precisely. For e-chains® and e-tubes. Recommended for side-mounted applications.
3200.x Horizontal division
Locks securely into separators at both ends, giving a fixed width. Can be used as
a full-width shelf or as a partial shelf for
separation on 1 level.
Side plates 286, separators 288 and shelves
386.X allow a flexible separation structure Shelves of various widths can be
arranged in steps of
7 mm on 3 levels
For special applications: Separator with moulded shelf 281.S.57 (57,5 mm) or 281.S.45 (45 mm)
For a very finely divided solution, slotted separators 291 are used (not for e-tubes). However, these cannot be integrated into existing shelving without removing
the interior separation system
The slotted separator 297, which is open on one side,
can be retrofitted without removing the existing
interior separation system. When using the open slotted separators, the top and bottom slots cannot be used for shelves.
KMA - pivoting
KMA - locking
Steel - pivoting
"Super-aluminium", "Basic" guide trough
"Super-Alu" guide trough, "Heavy Duty"
Steel guide troughs
1. Trough side part, aluminium, 2 m
2. Glide bar, plastic, 2 m
3. Plastic glide strips*, side, 2 m
4. Clamping shoe, aluminium
5. C-profile, galvanised steel
6. Screw M8 x 20
7. Sliding nut M8
8. "Basic" connector, plastic
10. Optional: Silencer profile, rubber
*without glide strips on request
"Super-aluminium" trough - the igus® standard for guide troughs
The "Super" aluminium trough is a modular system of guide troughs for long travels (where e-chains® are gliding on top of themselves). The basic "Super" aluminium trough has a simple and cost-efficient designs and can be expanded for sophisticated plant engineering.
Its universal design makes it the recommended igus® standard for guide troughs.
1. Interface connector
2. Plastic glide bar
3. Clamping shoe
4. Glide strips
7. Sliding nut M6
9. Heavy-duty bracket option
10. Silencer profile, rubber
11. Screw M6 x 20
1. Aluminium profiles
3. Heavy-duty bracket option
6. Silencer profiles
1. Guide trough (blue)2. Glide bar (black)3. Installation set (red)4. Individual bracket without C-profile5. Profile rail length
+ Easy assembly using installation sets+ 2-part design - configurable from chain width+ Very stable+ cost-effective+ large selection
Guide trough without glide bars, Part No. 97.30, guide trough with glide bars Part No. 97.31
Installation sets, Part No. 97.50. XX
Support tray - Type 1
Data protection declaration